24 Hour Shift
(A, B, C Shift – 3 on and 4 off)
Performs challenging protective service work managing fire, rescue, and emergency medical services on an assigned shift. Assigns staff, scheduling, overseeing, participating in maintenance, servicing, repairing, and operating apparatus and equipment, continuous training, maintaining reports and records for the department with local and state officials, and related work as apparent or assigned. Currently, the captain is the direct supervisor of five career personnel dispersed over three shifts. Work is performed under the general direction of the Fire Chief.
The Town of Louisburg offers the following benefits:
- Vacation accrual of 8 hours per month.
- Sick accrual of 8 hours per month.
- Twelve paid holidays per year.
- Participation in our Health, Dental, and Vision program, effective 1st of the month following 30 days of employment – employee portion will be paid by the Town. Any additional coverage will be paid by you through payroll deduction.
- Participation in the NC State Retirement System (required 6% from employees). Your enrollment in this program will take effect immediately.
- Participation in the Town of Louisburg’s 401K retirement. Your enrollment in this program will take effect immediately.
- Option to purchase additional supplemental insurance at employee cost.
- Direct Deposit of paychecks
- Local Federal Government Credit Union participation.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance Program